As the oldest neighborhood in Tel Aviv, it’s no wonder that Neve Tzedek is considered a funky artists neighborhood today - cultural thinkers, artists, dancers and more have been living in these quaint, meandering streets for decades, including dancer and choreographer Baruch Agadati, songwriter Sara Levi-Tanai, writer, journalist and theater critic Yoram Kaniuk, author S. Y. Agnon, painter Nahum Gutman, and spiritual, religious thinker Abraham 'Rav’ Kook.
Recently restored to capture the beauty and charm of the facades and balconies of an earlier period, today’s Neve Tzedek pays tribute to that cultural and artistic legacy with an array of shops featuring handmade goods (ceramics, jewelry, housewares), artwork and designer clothing. Trendy coffee shops and restaurants also line the cobblestone streets.
Step into yesteryear as our licensed guides walk you through these picturesque streets, bringing to life tales and stories from the past and present, including:
- How did women living here once signal to their lovers that their husbands were out of town
- Where are there two completely identical buildings next to each other and who lived there
- Where can book lovers find heaven
- Why did Nahum Gutman study at a girls school
- Where did Israel’s first train from Jaffa to Jerusalem pass through
It’s an exciting and experiential tour of Neve Tzedek that unfolds the intimate histories within the colorful streets.
- The tour is designed for approximately 15 participants
- Tours for larger groups are possible, these will be separated to a number of smaller groups according to the size of the initial group
- Tours can be customized and include visits to nearby historical or tourist attractions
- The tour is guided by a certified professional instructor
- The tour takes about 3 hours.
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The tour cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.
For additional details or to prearrange your tour of Neve Tzedek, contact us here.
Enjoy your visit to Neve Tzedek!